Thursday, October 1, 2009

P:C - A Midnight Prayer

This week has been something truly miraculous. God has done such amazing work. I don’t know where to begin. God has done such a work in my own life. My prayer life has never been strong. The first few nights I was really struggling to pray for the people, the city, the service, and so on. However, one night in my bed, God really spoke to me, and I felt a relentless urge to pray for Peter from the forest. I had no idea why, but I responded and prayed for a couple hours for him alone. I woke up refreshed and ready to take on my last day in the forest. As we were finishing our work, Peter told us that he was going to come to the tent and asked us to look for him. We arrived, and, although there was a significant language barrier, we had a great conversation with him. He told us he would be back the next night. Never before had I seen God reveal his purpose to me so quickly. Never before had I witnessed the power of faith-filled prayer so clearly. God be praised! This will forever impact my prayer life. God can still work in wonderful ways. The seed has been planted. The best, though, is yet to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment