Tuesday, September 29, 2009

P:C - God's Perfect Timing

I have been preparing my heart for this time for about three months or so, but really my heart was ignited the first time I simply heard about First Supper from Hans speaking at my church. The Lord has tested me in every way: my willingness to obey, whether I was going to trust my heart (which I’ve found is deceptive above all things) or if I would give the pen over to Him so he could write my love letter for me. My comfort was tested by having to deliver the fliers and speak German to people over the apartment intercoms. The lord has tested me so much and He has proven over and over that He is faithful! He is true! He is good! He does not change! You all have encouraged me, and I have realized through Project: Camp that God wants me, believes I’m precious, wants me to trust Him, and that He will always be my perfect guide and friend.

One day I was walking and simply felt lead to touch an older lady’s arm as she was looking over her shopping list. She seemed so concentrated. I touched her arm and said “hallo,” and her face lit up. Then she started walking around.

I tested whether simply being present somewhere, if Jesus would be present. On Saturday I wasn’t feeling too good, so I decided to stay at the hostel. I took a nap, rested, and then decided to simply walk and pray around the park. I smiled, made eye-contact, simply said hello to people. I was by myself, but I knew at the moment God would protect me. I kept walking, and I said hello to a man. He just stared at me and started talking in German. I said, “No Deutch,” and he said, “Oh! You’re not German,” and I said, “No, I’m from the U.S. Eventually I was able to invite him to First Supper, but I had no flier to give him. Then Immanuel from Rwanda came up and told me he was looking for Drew. That made me feel good, because then I wasn’t alone with this man I didn’t know. Then Drew showed up in a car, and he happened to have a flier. God showed up in His perfect timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment